Interlocking Building System
Hydraform building technology provides a solution for replacing conventional brick and mortar masonry , however basics of the conventional building system remain largely unchanged. Hydraform Building system involves using two technologies:
- Interlocking Block making using Hydraform hydraulic block making machines. The machines are versatile for on site and factory production.Blocks can be made with different shapes and sizes to suit construction requirements.Variety of raw materials like Fly ash , sub soil, other type of waste materials blended with sand & cement.
- Interlocking masonry for Constructing walls that are largely dry stacked or using minimal mortar / slurry. Interlocking profile in blocks is due to tongue and groove that creates a mechanical bond and enhances structural stability due to shear key. The Blocks have an extremely appealing face-brick finish and provide a pre-pointed straight masonry. The walls may be left exposed, plastered or finished with cement paint. For specific requirements, you may consult Hydraform experts.
Benefits of Hydraform Interlocking masonry to clients
- Minimal material cost – Minimal mortar is needed, because 75% of interlocking wall is dry-stacked or thin mortar slurry paste is used in the groove.
- Reduced transportation cost – On site block production reduces transportation.
- Fast Construction – An expert block layer team can lay up to 800 blocks per day; the equivalent of laying 2400 standard stock bricks per day. Virtually no post construction work is involved on wall masonry
- Versatile Construction Technique – All window, door, slab and roofing systems that are used with conventional systems can also be used with Hydraform blocks.
- Easy Construction – Hydraform dry-stacked masonry is easy to laern and implement – even unskilled labours can be trained to do masonry.
- Eco-friendly Construction – An average soil – cement Hydraform block wall has a carbon footprint that is as low as 40 kg CO2 per square meter. Hydraform fly ash blocks are even more Eco-friendly and have even lower embodied energy.
- Load bearing and framed structures – Hydraform Blocks can be made for high compressive strength for use in Load bearing structures. The strength and density can be varied using fly ash to suit the technical specification for framed / multi storey Construction
Research for using newer materials to produce high quality blocks is an ongoing process with focus on :
- Widen block and masonry application into urban, rural, industrial, mass housing projects
- Enhance utility of machines by developing new shapes & sizes of blocks
- Developing options for clients to use variety of raw material for making blocks that include post industrial and agricultural waste like fly ash, rice husk ash, cane ash, marble powder, lime, gypsum etc to make blocks.
- Making blocks and interlocking masonry more green, improve thermal properties and lower embodied energy.
- Make Hydraform machine more refined for optimum performance, durability and ease of operation
- To continuously test and enhance performance of our dry stacking building system in terms of structural performance and durability, fire, rain and sound resistance.